Attorney Terry Abeyta has recently been selected for inclusion in the 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. This is the 12th year in a row he has been included on the Best Lawyers list. Mr. Abeyta is the only plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer from Central Washington named to this exclusive listing of less than 1 percent of the country’s top attorneys.
Do professional attorney awards really matter? And should these awards make any difference when hiring an attorney? We think so. Being consistently ranked as a top lawyer is a significant accomplishment within the field of law, but it should also provide peace of mind for clients about to make the hard decision of hiring a qualified personal injury lawyer to handle their case. It’s one thing to tell our clients that we will expertly handle their case; it’s entirely another to be validated and endorsed by other lawyers and judges who know our record of success.
In addition to being recognized by Best Lawyers, Abeyta Nelson attorneys are highly regarded by their peers and other organizations as follows:
- Terry Abeyta has been honored as a Super Lawyer by Washington Law & Politics Magazine for the 17th consecutive year. This designation is granted to only 5 percent of the 30,000 lawyers in Washington State. Abeyta is also the only attorney in Central Washington to be included in the Damage Attorneys Round Table (DART), the only Central Washington attorney to be invited to the American Board of Trial Advocates, and the only regional attorney to be named one of the 500 Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers in America.
- Four Abeyta Nelson attorneys, Terry Abeyta, Rod Nelson, John Kapuza and Greg Lighty, have achieved an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, the highest rating possible, from Martindale-Hubbell . Only about 10 percent of all U.S. attorneys earn this rating for their professional ability and high ethical standards.
- Attorneys David Abeyta, John Kapuza and Greg Lighty have been honored as “Rising Stars” by Washington Law & Politics Magazine. Less than 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state are named to this list of up and coming attorneys in practice.
- Attorney David Abeyta was honored by the Washington State Association for Justice with the “Ready to Soar” New Lawyer Award in 2014.
- Attorneys Terry Abeyta, John Kapuza, Greg Lighty and David Abeyta were selected to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers for demonstration of superior qualifications, leadership skills and trial results as legal professionals.
- All five Abeyta Nelson attorneys are rated as “superb” by AVVO , an independent online legal ranking system that ranks attorneys based on their years in practice, professional achievements and industry recognition.
- Abeyta Nelson Injury Law is the only plaintiff’s law firm in Central Washington to be honored by U.S. News & World Report with a Best Law Firms designation.
- Finally, Abeyta Nelson Injury Law was voted “Best Attorney” by readers of the Yakima Valley Business Times, and “Best Law Firm” and “Best Personal Injury Law Firm” by readers of the Yakima Herald-Republic.
Top honors from Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, AVVO and other organizations provide an important gold seal of approval for law firms. These awards and rankings reinforce that Abeyta Nelson attorneys are caring and professional, highly capable, and consistently provide sound legal expertise in an ethical manner.
In the end, is there any higher honor for an attorney to be singled out by his or her peers for their award-winning work?